Monday, April 18, 2011

I, J, K, L... I'm a little behind lol

My sister, Sarah, over at Crochet by Sarah talked me into doing this A to Z Blogging Challenge for the month of April. Unfortunately I was too late to sign up to do it with everyone over at Tossing It Out and I'm too late to do it the "proper way" so I'm just going to wing it. I will be posting 1 blog per day except Saturdays where there will be 2 posts in 1 so to speak.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So since I am so behind I decided to add a little twist so that I don't have to try and be creative for the time being. I am going to post some poems... some I've written and some of my favorites.

I is for I Love You
a poem by me

Friendship...best
Friend...sisiter...life-long soul mate...
You've loved me for 19 years.
You've never made me wait when I needed somebody to talk to.
You've always been there to catch my tears and to soothe my fears.
This is you...
My life, my love, my best friend.
I don't know what I would do with out you.
You know that something is wrong with me by the look on my face or by the way I'm talking.
You know what I'm going to say before I even say it.
You know how to make me smile when nobody else can.
You've always been there for me, even when there was nobody else.
For all this I love you!
We've been through so much together.
All the times we've cried together over guys,
all the times we've laughed together because we were just being stupid,
all the times we've ganged up on each other just to make one another mad,
and for all the times we've made each other sad.
Priceless memories never to be forgotten.
They can never be replaced or covered up.
They may not always be in sight, but they will always be in our hearts.
You will always be in my heart.
You and I may be the farthest away from each other as possible or we may just be sitting right next to each other, but no matter what the circumstances are, I will always love you and you will forever be my best friend.
Let your worries of our friendship drift away with the clouds,
you have nothing to worry about.
No one can bring me the joy that you've brought me just by being my friend.
No one cane make me open my eyes and see reality like you can.
You have helped me become the person I am today.
You've been my sister for 19 years.
You will always be my sister.
I love you Sarah... Never forget that!

I wrote this poem for my sister, Sarah, back in 2003 for our 19th birthday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J is for Joyce's Poem

Destiny

I want to be a candle
that casts eternal light;
I want to be a smile
That brings someone delight.

I want to be a thought that croses someones mind;
I want some one to think that I was fair and I was kind.

I want some one to reminise When I was just a child,
And when I sprouted out my wings,
Fun, yes, but not too wild.

I want to share my happiness with everyone I know;
I want to leave a bunch behind to spark an afterglow.

I want you to remember how much I love and care;
I want you to remember I'd hug you if I were there.

By Joyce Raphael
9/18/2002

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

K is for Kassie

Kassie is my 3rd cousin... I think. LOL Her grandmother is my Aunt Karen. Aunt Karen is my dads half sister. Kassie and I first found eachother on Facebook almost a year ago. We were fast friends right away and Finally got to meet for the very first time back in December. She is so sweet. Kassie has 2 beautiful children and a pretty cool fiancee. I asked Kassie to be a bridesmaid in my wedding and we are both super stoked.

I find it amazing that we never met until this last year. But when you take a look at our family you might understand. Even though FaceBook has its MANY bad and scary points I am so blessed to have been able to make contact with so many of my family because of it.

I know this isn't the best post about some one I love so much, but since I've only known her less then a year its hard to really write about her. What I do know is that she is fun, smart, beautiful, and a wonderful person to have in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L is for Legend of The Dogwood Tree
by Gail Brown

When Christ was on earth, the dogwood grew
To a towering size with a lovely hue.
Its branches were strong and interwoven
And for Christ's cross its timbers were chosen
Being distressed,
At the use of this wood
Christ made a promise,
Which still holds good:

Not ever again shall the dogwood grow
To be large enough for a tree, and so
Slender and twisted it shall always be
With cross-shaped blossoms for all to see.

The petals shall have bloodstains,
Marked in brown
And in the blossom's center,
A thorny crown.

All who see it,
Will think of me,
Nailed to a cross,
From a dogwood tree.

Protected and cherished,
This tree shall be
A reflection to all,
Of my agony.

No comments:

Post a Comment