Tuesday, November 23, 2010

WIP Wednesday: ME

So I'm kinda drifting away from my normal Wednesday posts about my crochet projects to talk about my BIGGEST work in progress... ME.

On November 12th I made a decision to try and change. I went to my doctor and asked to be put on anti-depressants. After talking with him for a good 20 minutes he agreed that this would be a good thing for me to try. He explained that I probably wont notice anything for 4 to 6 weeks, that I could have some severe mood swings as if my current situation is really any better for the first few weeks, and that I would need to remain on the meds for 6 months AFTER I start feeling better. After my appointment I went home and explained everything to Josh so that he wouldn't be suprised if I did have those side effects.

Now, its been 12 days since I started my meds and I don't know if I'm having the placebo effect or if my meds are actully working, but I feel almost human. So far I have managed to finish 2 hats, a scarf, and a blanket; I've straightened out my front closet no kidding... it was HORRIBLE, and I don't turn into a momster as much or as quickly. I have learned that I do need to take my pills at the same time every day or I'll get aggitated and angry.

I know that I will always be a work in progress and I'm ok with that. I just hope that this new step will make it easier for me to get where I need to be... HAPPY.


No comments:

Post a Comment