Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Holy Cow!!! I'm Back!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think its been about 5 weeks holy crap, 5 weeks since my last blog. My last post was a WIP Wednesday post where I shared with you the Fireman Teddy bear I was making for my son. And as promised I have a picture of the finished product. Want to see?


This is Chief Bear. Nathaniel named him... well sorta. I called him Chief and then he added Bear to it. He just loves this guy. He carries him around our apartment and cuddles with him at night. I'm such a proud Mommy... I succeeded in making something my son LOVES.

A week or so before Christmas my cousin Tracy asked me to make a blanket for one of her co-workers who is having a baby shower. She mailed me a check and told me to do what ever I wanted. Do you know what happens when people let ME choose what to do for the item they ask for? LOL I spend FAR too much time searching my pattern sites for cute ideas!! I found this pattern called Ocean Waves Baby Blanket. I had to alter it a bit because it wasn't big enough and I didn't have time to do the border. So it just got a basic single crochet border. Here is the finished blanket...


It's called a "Shell Stitch". What do you think? I love it. Its a fast and easy stitch.

So thats about it... I am working on a SUPER secret project right now which should be done in the next week or so. I'll keep you posted. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Making Chief Bear must have been fantastic since Nathaniel is sooo pleased with him. Chief has lots of detail. I love the blanket...turned out great and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete